MID-AMERICA ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL SELECTS 2018 BOB ADY SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
Tuesday, September 18, 2018
COLUMBUS, OH, SEPTEMBER 18, 2018: The Mid-America Economic Development Council board of directors recently selected the 2018 recipients for the annual Bob Ady Scholarship Program. The scholarship program is named in memory of Bob Ady, a champion for economic development in the U.S. and especially the Mid-America region.
This scholarship program is available for Mid-America Economic Development Council members and non-members. Applicants were evaluated based on their interest in economic development overall, as well as their interest in the Mid-America Economic Development Council organization.
“Each Bob Ady Scholarship award winner brings new thinking and a fresh perspective to the field of economic development. These are exactly the qualities that keep the field relevant and pertinent even in times of sweeping economic, political, technical, and social change,” said Janet Ady, Bob’s daughter and President and CEO of Ady Advantage. “Over 50 promising economic development professionals have now been awarded scholarships to attend Mid-America Economic Development Association conferences, bringing what they learn back to their home states and communities to help advance economic development across the country.”
As stated by Keith Gillenwater, Mid-America EDC board member and Chair of the Bob Ady Scholarship committee. “Mid-America EDC is thrilled to continue our partnership with Janet and the entire Ady family who graciously support professional development in our economic development field by underwriting the Bob Ady Scholarship program. This scholarship allows us to support economic development professionals from across the Midwest as they strive to improve their knowledge and skills in our field while simultaneously networking with site selection consultants and peers from across our region.”
Congratulations to the 2018 Bob Ady Scholarship Recipients!
- Abby Haas, Economic Development Director, Lafayette Development Corporation/Lafayette County - Darlington, WI
- Katie Heppner, Executive Director, West Central Economic Development Alliance - Sebeka, MN
- Sydney Martis, Research Associate, Team NEO - Cleveland, Ohio
- Dana Monson, Interim Executive Director, Johnson County Development Corp. – Franklin, IN
- Linette Phillips, Economic Development, Deputy Director Small Business and Workforce Development, City of Flint - Flint, MI
- Jamie Rybarczyk, Deputy Administrator/Director of Economic Development, Village of Windsor – DeForest, WI
- Jill Scicchitano, Director of Industry Growth Initiatives, South Bend-Elkhart Regional Partnership – South Bend, IN
- Brandon Smith, Business Development Officer, EDCKC – Kansas City, MO
- Sharon Stroh, Executive Director, Ottumwa Economic Development Corp. – Ottumwa, IA
- Claudia Todd, Coordinator, JOCO First – Buffalo, WY
Scholarship recipients receive registration to the 2018 Competitiveness Conference & Site Selector Forum to be held December 2-4, 2018 in Chicago, along with reimbursement of some travel expenses.
The Mid-America Economic Development Council is a multi-state association dedicated to being the leading resource for education, making connections, and sharing best practices for economic development professionals.
For more information about the Mid-America Economic Development Council, including the Competitiveness Conference & Site Selector Forum, please visit www.midamericaedc.org. If you would like to learn more about Ady Advantage, visit www.Adyadvantage.com.
Click Here for the Press Release.