2018 Bob Ady Scholarship Program
Mark your calendar for the 2018 Mid-America Competitiveness Conference & Site Selector Forum to be held December 2-4, 2018 at the Renaissance Chicago Downtown!
Thank you to our official scholarship program partner, Ady Advantage!
|CLICK HERE to submit your 2018 nomination|
2018 Bob Ady Scholarship Program
Presented in partnership by Mid-America EDC and Ady Advantage
The Mid-America Economic Development Council is pleased to announce that we are now accepting scholarship nominations for the sixth annual Bob Ady Scholarship Program. The scholarship program is named in memory of Bob Ady, a champion for economic development in the U.S. and especially the Midwest. The purpose of this scholarship program is to assist new economic development professionals in furthering their professional development. This program is available for Mid-America EDC members and non-members, and applicants new to economic development will be given preference. Applicants will be evaluated based on their interest in economic development overall, as well as their interest in the Mid-America EDC organization.
The Mid-America EDC is a multi-state association dedicating to being the leading resource for education, making connections, and sharing best practices for economic development professionals.
The Mid-America EDC provides economic development professionals with the following:
- Resources aimed at helping the economic development professional to excel
- Recognition of quality economic development programs and marketing
- Awards program to reward excellence
- Promotion of the 12-state region to site selectors and industries to help raise the level of awareness
- Networking opportunities among regional members to promote idea exchange and partnering
Bob Ady Scholarship recipients will be awarded registration for the 2018 Competitiveness Conference & Site Selector Forum to be held December 2-4, 2018 in Chicago, Illinois. Recipients will also be invited to attend a breakfast or luncheon event at the conference, specific to scholarship recipients and Mid-America EDC leadership. Please note that scholarship recipients are responsible for travel costs – including hotel, parking and transportation; however, a limited amount of travel expenses will be included with each scholarship. Scholarship recipients selected will be notified with full details. Recipients are eligible to receive a scholarship once.
Applicants are encouraged to reach out to one of the board members from his/her state to advise that he/she is applying for this year’s scholarship. Each state’s board members can also answer any questions that applicants may have about the Mid-America EDC organization. Board Member information is found HERE.
For consideration for the 2018 Bob Ady Scholarship, please CLICK HERE to submit your nomination no later than July 31, 2018.
The Mid-America Economic Development Council will review all scholarship nominations and will contact the designated person (as indicated on the nomination form) no later than October 10, 2018 to notify whether the recipient has been chosen to receive a scholarship. Nominees not selected are eligible to be nominated the following year.
MID-AMERICA ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL SELECTS
2017 BOB ADY SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
COLUMBUS, OH, OCTOBER 4, 2017: The Mid-America Economic Development Council board of directors recently selected the 2017 recipients for the annual Bob Ady Scholarship Program. The scholarship program is named in memory of Bob Ady, a champion for economic development in the U.S. and especially the Mid-America region.
“On our fifth year of partnering with Mid-America EDC to support professionals new to the field of economic development, we look back at the successes of the participants who continue to thrive under always changing economic conditions,” said Janet Ady, President, and CEO of Ady Advantage. “The future is bright for those that want to lead and learn new ways to improve their communities and it is my hope that we continue to have talented people coming into the field. That’s what the spirit of the Bob Ady Scholarship program is all about.”
This scholarship program is available for Mid-America Economic Development Council members and non-members. Applicants were evaluated based on their interest in economic development overall, as well as their interest in the Mid-America Economic Development Council organization.
Congratulations to the 2017 Bob Ady Scholarship Recipients!
• Andrew Ambriz, Executive Director, McCook Economic Development Corporation – McCook, Nebraska
• Quentin Bishop, Director of Business Attraction, Economic Development Alliance of St. Clair County – Port Huron, Michigan
• Carol Johnson, Executive Director, Mount Horeb Area Economic Development Corporation – Mount Horeb, Wisconsin
• Isaac Lee, Executive Director, Steuben County Economic Development Corporation – Angola, Indiana
• Melissa Norgard, Economic Development Director, City of Sidney, Nebraska
• Thomas Otto, Economic Development Specialist, City of Madison, Wisconsin
• Amy Sapp, Special Projects Coordinator, Economic Development, City of Kimball, Nebraska
• Andrea Sitzes, Executive Director, Ozark Chamber of Commerce – Ozark, Missouri
• Maggie Vaughan, Director of Talent Solutions, Hastings Economic Development Corporation – Hastings, Nebraska
• Todd Willis, Economic Development Coordinator, City of Brookfield, Wisconsin
• Mary Wilson, Executive Director, Keith County Area Development – Ogallala, Nebraska
• Jerry Zielke, Director, Paulding County Economic Development, Inc. – Paulding, Ohio
• Andrew Zupkoff, Community & Economic Development Coordinator, Village of Forsyth, Illinois
Scholarship recipients receive registration to the 2017 Competitiveness Conference & Site Selector Forum to be held December 3-5, 2017 in Chicago, Illinois, along with reimbursement of some travel expenses.
The Mid-America Economic Development Council is a multi-state association dedicated to being the leading resource for education, making connections, and sharing best practices for economic development professionals.
For more information about the Mid-America Economic Development Council, including the Competitiveness Conference & Site Selector Forum, please visit www.midamericaedc.org. If you would like to learn more about Ady Advantage, visit www.Adyadvantage.com.
Click Here for the Press Release.