Mid-America EDC members are dedicated economic development professionals who share best practices to make you more valuable to your organization.
The MidAmerica Economic Development Council (Mid-America EDC) is a professional association representing thirteen states that collectively contributes significantly to the national economy. The Mid-America EDC region includes Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Wyoming. Collectively, the Mid-America EDC region represents 20 percent of the nation’s population, 20 percent of the nations total business establishments and 21.7 percent of the nation’s total workforce.
Mid-America EDC is dedicated to being the leading resource for education, making connections, and sharing best practices for economic development professionals. The Mid-America Economic Development Council is an organization that provides economic development professionals with the following:
- Resources aimed at helping the economic development professional to excel
- Recognition of quality economic development programs and marketing
- Annual Awards program to reward excellence
- Promotion of the thirteen-state region to consultants and industries to help raise the level of awareness
- Networking opportunities among regional members to promote idea exchange and partnering